It has now been just over six months since I joined Trevor Dawson Commercial Property Consultants to head up and develop our new Building Consultancy services and what a busy, interesting and enjoyable six months this has been.
I am pleased to reflect on what we have achieved and can report that we have and continue to work with clients big and small, on a wide and varied scope of instructions throughout Lancashire and Greater Manchester with some taking us further afield to towns such as Dumfries, Leicester, Hull, Barrow in Furness and Barnstaple. For example, we are:
• Project managing the innovative reconfiguration and replacement of roof coverings and gutters to multi-pitched roofs of a large Hospice building on behalf of a local charity;
• Acting as Employer’s Agent and guiding our clients through the design and build process for a number of industrial and office new build developments on behalf of owner occupiers and investment owners;
• Providing leasehold dilapidations advice to both landlords and tenants for clients such as a Premiership football club, SIPP pension administrator, UK retail charity and the UK’s largest food wholesale operator;
• Monitoring a residential new build development acting as the funding Bank’s “eyes and ears” where we report and advise on actual and perceived risks to the development’s successful completion;
• Providing technical due diligence advice in connection with our pre-acquisition surveys of commercial properties. In doing so, we have forewarned our clients of potential nasties such as structural instability, non-compliance with necessary fire precautions and other statutory requirements, condensation, fungal attack and rats in the roof space!
We regularly collaborate with colleagues to provide value added services. For example, we liaise with our valuation team when dealing with dilapidations instructions and are able to gain invaluable diminution advice to support our clients’ dilapidations claims; please take a look at my colleague Peter Conroy’s article regarding diminution valuations.
Similarly, we assist other colleagues in providing construction, technical and cost advice to support our agency, development, management and professional services; usually at no additional cost to our clients.
I did say six months ago that with our extensive commercial property experience and knowledge, I was looking forward to broadening our services offering and making sure we achieve the best possible results for our clients. We have already broadened our range of services and achieved successful results for our clients and long may it continue for the next six months and beyond!
Please feel free to send an email or give me a call to discuss any building related matter you may have and hopefully we can assist with your business success.